Get active in 2019
Cycling and walking have many benefits to your health and wellbeing. Cycling can increase your cardiovascular fitness, build muscle, decrease stress, and improve joint mobility. It can also improve your mental health and make you happy through the release of endorphins! There are many other benefits including cycling and walking being cheaper options than driving a car or using public transport, and environmental benefits such as lesser carbon emissions than cars make. Sometimes you may even get somewhere faster than if you were to use another form of transport!
Being fit and healthy is one of the most common New Year’s Resolutions. Here are some tips for getting active to help you make your resolution a reality!
- Use your commute as an opportunity to cycle instead of sitting in a car or on a train.
- Commit to cycling for the short trips you make such as going to the shops or a friends house.
- Get off the train a stop early and ride or walk the rest of the way.
- Join a group ride in your local area such as our Sunday bike rides.
- Sign up to a cycling and walking event for charity.
We wish you all the best for 2019, happy cycling!