Angel Walk cycle and walking path now open
The Angel Walk project is now largely complete and open to the public! This project provides a walking and cycling pathway linking Edmonton Green and Meridian Water Railway Station.
The Angel Gardens site was a vacant piece of Council-owned land that was subject to extensive fly tipping and a cause for concern for residents in the area. In 2015 the site was developed into a public space that included sensory play and growing areas for the wider public to utilise. Previous community engagement demonstrated that residents supported the concept of a new public open space incorporating a pathway that connects Angel Road Railway Station (now replaced by Meridian Water Railway Station) and the existing pathway north-west of the site that continues to Edmonton Green.
The project includes:
- a parallel zebra facility across Montagu Road extending the facilities already present along Cemetery Walk
- a welcoming entrance to Angel Walk at it’s interface with Montagu Road
- a lit walking and cycling link within the formally redundant site linking to the Angel Gardens play space and the ramp leading to Conduit Lane
creating access from the walking and cycling ramp onto Conduit Lane
- management of overland flow paths to better manage flood waters in significant rainfall events
- maintaining where possible the wide variety of flora and fauna currently present on the site
- long term management of invasive species found on the site.